Hello and welcome to our Garden Outline of sun deck designs. Below you will find a summary of the benefits, main options, and some design ideas we handpicked for you along with beautiful photos. Enjoy!
What are the benefits of having a sun deck?
- Great spot to relax – no matter how small, it can be rejuvenating to have a dedicated outdoor space in your home to slow down and soak up the sun
- Provides an extra space to entertain – great for hosting events where guests can enjoy nature and each other’s company
- Budget friendly – can be DIY and with so many options, you can easily design a sun deck according to your budget, available space, and and family’s needs
What are the main options for sun decks?
- Design: multi-level, ground level, curved, floating, terrace, patterned decking
- Railing: railless, craftsman style, clear glass, frosted glass, aluminum
- Privacy walls: accent walls, lattice, corten steel barn-style wall, arborvitae natural hedge, corrugated metal sheet
- Water Features: waterfall, koi pond, garden pond, raised spa, wading pool, geometric pool, free-form pool
- Shade: arbor, attached pergola, gazebo with cupola, retractable awning
- Furniture: Adirondack style sun loungers, wraparound tree bench, twist cube side tables, outdoor bed
- Staying warm: patio heater, chiminea, fire pit, fire bowl
What follows are beautiful photos of sun decks, along with design ideas we thought may be of interest to you. Enjoy and happy outdoor decorating!
1. Sun Deck Waterfall
Points of Interest ● wood and bamboo covered sun deck with waterfall feature ● river rocks in wading pool with exposed aggregate concrete pavers and coping ● 3-piece artwork mounted on sun deck’s bamboo slatted wall ● 4 tapered concrete planters with boxwood ● perennials in garden beds edged in concrete
2. Adirondack Loungers
Points of Interest ● multilevel sun deck with wood decking complementing 3 Adirondack style sun loungers ● brown wicker sectional sofa with off-white cushions facing antique bronze rain drum side table ● bright red and purple throw pillows calling back drum-shaped ceramic garden stool ● Japanese maple with wraparound tree bench ● powder blue clapboard wall cladding
3. Koi Pond
Points of Interest ● medium-stained sun deck with craftsman style railing ● craftsman style privacy fence with built-in slim arbor ● Koi pond with broken concrete and flat edging stones ● decorative cast stone tortoise on waterfall feature
4. Pergola Seating Area
Points of Interest ● Massaranduba pool deck with attached pergola ● wood and polycarbonate deck fencing ● glass topped square wicker table with glazed pottery ● 2 cushioned sun loungers with cantilever umbrella ● raised concrete planter on one side of geometric-shaped swimming pool
5. Walled Sun Deck
Points of Interest ● outdoor rubber mat over whitewashed sun deck flooring with wavy edge ● mounted planters on natural knotty pine plank privacy wall ● conical arborvitaes in black painted barrel planters ● plank top wood outdoor table with matching chairs ● 3 tiki torches against cinder block fence
6. Manta Ray Fire Pit
Points of Interest ● sun deck and concrete privacy walls painted in amaranth ● 4 contemporary Adirondack rocking chairs around ‘Manta Ray’ fire pit with round concrete base ● vibrant yellow accent wall with metallic flower decor ● high growing ocotillo shrubs with red blooms behind baltic sea retaining wall with built-in lighting ● pea gravel mulching with lanceleaf coreopsis
7. Lattice Privacy Wall
Points of Interest ● ipe wood deck in basketweave pattern ● lattice privacy wall with overhead trellis ● L-shaped wicker outdoor sofa with tangerine cushions ● round marble topped cast bistro style table ● multicolored striped garden umbrella ● redwood planters with assorted perennials and sherub garden statue