Hello and welcome to our Garden Outline of patio planter ideas. Below you will find a summary of the benefits, main options and some design ideas we handpicked for you along with beautiful photos. Enjoy!
What are the benefits of patio planters?
- Brings color and fragrance as you step into your patio
- Adds appeal and element of style on your patio
- Can double up as a privacy walls
- Helps defines outdoor space within your patio area
What are the main options for patio planters?
- Types: ceramic and terracotta, plastic, resin, wooden hanging flower basket, urns, repurposed lantern, custom cement container, box crate
- Styles: classic, Victorian, Mediterranean, art deco, mid-century, modern
- Location: on top of benches, on iron stand, on top of stone floating shelf, stand alone
- Partners with: flowering plants, shrubs, trees, tomatoes plants, herbs
What follows are beautiful photos of patio planters along with design ideas we thought may be of interest to you. Enjoy and happy outdoor decorating!
1. English Roses
Points of Interest ● pink and white English roses on arbor ● extra large rolled rim traditional terracotta planters ● short boxwood edges ● low rustic stacked stone wall ● glazed dark wood bench ● stepping stones from arbor to bench
2. Terracotta Planters Under a Pergola
Points of Interest ● grouped terracotta planters in various sizes, styles, and finish ● pergola with doric columns ● antique chandelier ● stone fireplace with wood mantel ● earth-toned coffee table with carved wooden foot and ceramic tiled top
3. View by the Sea
Points of Interest ● sea shell-inspired terra cotta planter with a white washed coating ● olive tree with braided trunk ● crushed white stones on top of planter ● mature ivy geranium in terracotta olive jar blooms ● Synthetic resin wicker sofa with seat cushion and colorful back pillows
4. Picnic on the Patio
Points of Interest ● mid-size terracotta planters with potted shrub twinned with smaller size terracotta pots with flowers of different blooms ● vine covered patio ● square stones patio flooring ● built-in bench by the window ● upcycled iron and green wood chair
5. Hot Tub Deck
Points of Interest ● vibrant glazed blue planter calling back pergola rafters ● natural stones and granite boulders with pond ● twin flower box marking the entrance to jacuzzi deck ● semi-hexagon sunroom with access to pergola ● ornamental grasses
6. Garden Bed with Built-In Fountains
Points of Interest ● built-in fountains on a stained raised wood garden bed ● wood deck tiles and planks ● pebbles pond lining ● Atlas Fescue and Aureola hakone grass ● resin chaise lounge and patio chairs in a dark mahogany finish
7. Outdoor Dining Area
Points of Interest ● twin white rose trees in terracotta planters ● iron planter stands ● terracotta stained cement floor with stone inlay ● potted lemons trees ● DIY candle holders ● three-level planter stand