Hello and welcome to our Garden Outline of patio color ideas. Below you will find a summary of the benefits, main options, and some design ideas we handpicked for you along with beautiful photos. Enjoy!
What are the benefits of having colors in the patio?
- Instantly brightens up the space – the added colors can liven up and complement your existing landscape’s natural greenery
- Easily achieved – you can plant a nice variety of flowers, or play around with paint, or have a few accent pieces that are both colorful and functional
- Makes for a great entertaining space – the splash of colors can be a cheerful backdrop for backyard parties
What are the main options for patio color ideas?
- Painted Accents: chalk painted fountain, raised planters, painted metal chairs, painted exterior shutters, painted pergola
- Other Accents: corten steel fireback, weathered wood panels, giant terracotta pots, tiled stair risers, mosaic mural, slate fire pit, multi-colored hammock, garden umbrellas, canopy
- Flooring: spiral mosaic, arabesque terracotta tiles, tile infills, resin membrane coating, inlaid wood planks, grass inserts
- Plants: bougainvillea covered lattice, purple-red Japanese maple, potted lemon trees, vertical gardens, flowering perennials
- Lighting: Moroccan lamps, tasseled lanterns, string lights
What follows are beautiful photos of patios, along with color and design ideas we thought may be of interest to you. Enjoy and happy outdoor decorating!
1. Spiral Mosaic
Points of Interest ● bright cerulean blue wrought iron mesh chairs with matching round table ● medium sized round terracotta planter with teal glazed finish and rolled edge ● garden floor mosaic with round painted garden stepping stones and pavers in various shapes ● tan pea gravel surrounding spiral patterned mosaic ● flowering plants and shrubbery bordered by lattice screen panels
2. Two-Sided Open Fireplace
Points of Interest ● two-sided fireplace with slate-lined arch and raised hearth ● anthemion patterned ochre throw pillows with fringe on brown wicker chairs with taupe gray and white striped cushions ● irregular shaped travertine pavers with low maintenance artificial grass in between ● lanterns hanging from wrought-iron arches attached to whitewashed stucco fireplace chimney
3. Colorful Fountain
Points of Interest ● multicolored chalk painted details on water fountain backsplash and catch basin ● matching multi-toned green milk painted door with speakeasy grilles and small single pane casement window on whitewashed stucco walls ● metal bird-bath beside bright yellow bench with striped cushion and throw pillow ● 2 glazed blue fluted ceramic planters with yucca plants ● wall-hung ochre and turquoise glass Moroccan storm lanterns calling back shape of carved wood panel decors
4. Hexagonal Terracotta
Points of Interest ● weathered copper clam shell wall fountain with blue diamond porcelain tiled backsplash and arched limestone tiled border ● daffodil yellow built-in concrete planter with terracotta coping tiles ● light and dark hexagonal terracotta tiled patio flooring ● potted red geranium on round glass table with wrought iron base ● palm trees covered in climbing ivy
5. Printed Cement Risers
Points of Interest ● multi-colored encaustic cement tiles with various designs on stair risers ● half moon LED deck lights on retaining wall and side of built-in concrete benches ● peacock mosaic mural on tiered wall teal tile border ● tumbled tile flooring in basketweave pattern with small square ceramic tile infill ● Moravian star pendant lights on covered patio sand dollar painted wooden columns and wood plank beams
6. Outdoor Home Theater
Points of Interest ● medium-stained wood and stone veneer outdoor home theater system ● round fire pit table with multicolored slate tiles on top ● sun loungers with red orange cushions calling back orange shag pillow on sofa ● cobblestone paver flooring in random pattern ● glazed pottery bottles on granite outdoor kitchen countertop
7. Purple Bougainvillea
Points of Interest ● whitewashed bamboo sofas bamboo sofas with blue and white striped cushions ● creeping purple bougainvillea on overhead log attached pergola ● antique octagonal trunk coffee table with round tapered legs over hand woven natural fiber area rug ● solid wood double-purpose stool by the white stucco column with bell-shaped relief ● white louvered window shutters calling back stucco walls with steps