Hello and welcome to our Garden Outline of ideas to garden with antiques. Below you will find a summary of the benefits, main options and some design ideas we handpicked for you along with beautiful photos. Enjoy!
What are the benefits of garden antiques?
- Garden antiques have a story tell and can be conversation starters
- They can add texture and a rustic personality to your outdoor space
- They can provide textural contrast to almost any garden style
- They can become the focal point of the garden
- Garden antiques are time-tested and durable
- They are eco-friendly and can be restored and repurposed
What are the main options for garden antiques?
- Types: planter (jar, pot, urn, window box), repurposed (wheelbarrow, carriage, bucket, barrel, bird bath, old window panel), garden furniture, statue, wooden animals (duck)
- Material: stone, terracotta, concrete, wood, wrought and cast iron, zinc, marble
- Characteristics: scuffs, imperfections, white cast on terracotta, patina, moss, rust
What follows are beautiful photos of garden antiques along with design ideas we thought may be of interest to you. Enjoy and happy outdoor decorating!
1. Candelabra Chandelier
Points of Interest ● vintage candelabra chandelier repurposed as planter ● fishhook succulents ● wooden outdoor chair ● covered string lamps ● painted stucco wall
2. Siesta under the Sombrero
Points of Interest ● antique carved wooden window panel repurposed as wall decor ● built-in bench concrete bench with saltillo tile ● saltillo tile pavers ● wooden barstools with fiber rush seat and back
3. Raised Wooden Beds
Points of Interest ● antique wooden wheelbarrow ● au naturel hedge privacy fence ● wooden raised beds ● garden shed with horizontal lap siding ● dirt path with brick edging and inlay
4. Cast Iron Garden Set
Points of Interest ● vintage painted cast iron garden set ● painted wrought iron cathedral window design bench ● gazebo ● DIY lattice trellis panels ● multi-colored veronica flowers ● seafoam green window sills and roof gutters
5. Carriage of Geraniums
Points of Interest ● antique carriage repurposed as plant riser ● wooden barrel with bottom band ● red geraniums ● DIY plant hanger made from tree branches used to dry flowers ● stone steps and flooring
6. Cast Stone Urn
Points of Interest ● antique handcrafted cast stone urn planter ● agave succulent in planter ● lush senecio and stonecrop succulents on parterre ● vine covered concrete fence
7. Carved Wooden Wheelbarrow
Points of Interest ● vintage wood carved wheelbarrow ● ridged cylinder terracotta planters ● variegated plants ● wrought iron window grill ● vintage wooden chair ● stone inlay on flooring