Hello and welcome to our Garden Outline of hanging flower basket ideas. Below you will find a summary of the benefits, main options, and some design ideas we handpicked for you along with beautiful photos. Enjoy!
What are the benefits of hanging flower baskets?
- Colorful and just lovely – instantly brighten up any outdoor area and uplift everybody’s mood with an eyeful of blooms
- Convenient mobile garden – takes very little space and does not even need a plot of land, it can also be moved about to suit the weather and decorating schemes
- Easy TLC for plants – you can prevent weeds, pests, poor weather, and trampling feet from ruining your favorite plants
What are the main options for hanging flower baskets?
- Types: terracotta pots, wicker baskets, metal/wire baskets, fiber lined planters, moss lined planters
- Shapes: round, half-round, conical, square cone
- Location: pergola rafters, eaves, iron stands, on walls with hooks, on front door steps, under door awnings, on front door steps, outside windows, over balcony railings
- Favorite flowers for hanging baskets: petunias, fuschia, geraniums, pelargoniums (ivy, scented), coreopsis, pansies, diascias, scaevola, trailing nepeta, impatiens, phlox amoena, ferns
What follows are beautiful photos of hanging flower baskets, along with design ideas we thought may be of interest to you. Enjoy and happy outdoor decorating!
1. Plush Red
Points of Interest ● red ethnic rug Kilim rug with geometric motifs ● red cushions with contrasting yellow pillow on wicker chair ● garden pathway lined with red geranium and black-eyed susan ● petunias hanging on rafters ● pineapple design ceramic planter
2. Ferns by the Sliding Doors
Points of Interest ● Boston fern in hanging planters ● eggshell painted barn door ● glazed ceramic relief sculpture above wood topped wrought iron console table ● synthetic resin wicker chair with foliage print pillow ● matching terracotta planters lined under single-hung windows
3. Balancing Flower Baskets
Points of Interest ● crestal yellow French marigolds and celosia blooms in round fiber-lined hanging planter ● Chocolate Splash coleus in square cone planter ● fuschia pink azaleas in raised garden bed ● white lattice privacy fence
4. Hanging on the Sides
Points of Interest ● perennials potted in fiber-lined cone hanging baskets ● pergola covered barbecue patio area with fully equipped outdoor kitchen ● cast stone outdoor fireplace ● cross back bar stools with white seat cushions ● potted palms in grouped terracotta planters
5. Welcoming Blooms
Points of Interest ● pink geraniums in terracotta resin hanging baskets suspended from door awning ● plum veined easy wave petunias potted in bentwood bamboo flower basket ● blue lobelias in terracotta urns ● carved terracotta wall accent ● imperial blue French door with baby blue outdoor curtains
6. Black and Green
Points of Interest ● black urn planter matching the synthetic resin wicker benches ● hanging ferns and dark pink petunias over seating area ● peridot green and white patterned fabrics ● white ceramic garden stool ● large hand painted ceramic vase beside white column
7. A Ball of Petunias
Points of Interest ● hanging petunias in white, pink, and purple ● designer dark red geranium in clay planter ● wrought iron wall hanging bracket with hook ● wrought iron grille and textured glass inserts on wood framed front door