Hello and welcome to our Garden Outline of garden pond ideas. Below you will find a summary of the benefits, main options and some design ideas we handpicked for you along with beautiful photos. Enjoy!
What are the benefits of garden ponds?
- The sight and sounds of slow moving pond water provides a feeling of relaxation and calmness
- Ponds can be the focal point of the backyard
- They are good areas to add aquatic (fish ponds and frog friends) and plant life
- They can be DIY
What are the main options for garden ponds?
- Types: formal, koi, water garden, fountain, modern, waterfall, natural, formal
- Material: stone (cobble, pebble, river rock) gravel, concrete, brick
- Accessories: water plants, lighting (downlighting, uplighting), statues, fish, garden bridges, stepping stones
- Location: visible from the main house, frontyard or backyard, with sunlight exposure, on a slope (i.e. to accommodate a waterfall) or not
What follows are beautiful photos of garden ponds along with design ideas we thought may be of interest to you. Enjoy and happy outdoor decorating!
1. Courtyard Pond
Points of Interest ● cantilever-edged pond ● frog spout ● corner river rock parterre ● irregular cut flagstone pavers ● pebble aggregate inlays ● arched wooden door with iron insert
2. Koi Pond
Points of Interest ● water garden pond ● koi fishes ● multi-tier waterfalls ● upright boulders by the waterfalls ● overhanging wooden deck ● Japanese-inspired sliding doors
3. Angled Garden
Points of Interest ● rectangular-shaped formal pond ● stamped concrete pond coping matching the pavers ● topiaries on sides of the pond ● she shed with French doors ● various arched arbors
4. Mountain Stucco
Points of Interest ● mini water garden with waterfall feature ● trio of large antique terracotta water jars ● flagstone crazy paving ● solid stucco fence ● custom wooden swing doors with wave-like millwork design
5. Submerged Garden Bed
Points of Interest ● rectangular pond ● pond coping calling back stone slabs ● square tile inlays by the pond ● weathered wooden bench ● privacy fence ● irregular cut stepping stones in salmon shades
6. Green Water
Points of Interest ● formal pond ● crushed rocks raised bed ● cascading horizontal board wooden fence ● metal garden edging ● stamped concrete flooring
7. Baskets in Water
Points of Interest ● natural stone pond ● woven rattan basket planters ● stone ledges ● DIY wooden bench ● wooden window box planter teeming with perennials