Hello and welcome to our Garden Outline of garden edging ideas. Below you will find a summary of the benefits, main options and some design ideas we handpicked for you along with beautiful photos. Enjoy!
What are the benefits of garden edging?
- Helps define spaces of your flower beds and parterres
- Makes lawn maintenance easier: keeps mulch out of the lawn and grass out of the garden beds, prevents accidentally mowing your prized plants
- Makes your garden more appealing
What are the main options for garden edging?
- Material: brick, stone, wood, aluminum, resin, plastic paver, concrete mow strip
- Types: straight, curved, slightly raised, railroad tie, no dig
- Where to use them: lawn, flower garden, vegetable garden, flower beds, pond
What follows are beautiful photos of garden edging along with design ideas we thought may be of interest to you. For more garden inspiration, try Garden Path Ideas, Backyard Garden Ideas, Garden Design Ideas and Backyard Landscape Design Ideas. Enjoy and happy outdoor decorating!
1. Flower Garden
Points of Interest ● curved garden benderboard edging ● limestone fine walkway ● weathered wooden split rail fence ● two flower garden gates on each end ● pink and red roses ● DIY tree made of curly willow branches
2. Modern Renaissance Garden
Points of Interest ● straight and curved boxwood hedges ● fountain with brick edging ● pink zinnia ● clipped hedges for privacy and green backdrop ● decomposed red granite garden path
3. Winding Garden Edging
Points of Interest ● edgestone pavestone curved garden bed edging ● step-down stockade and double concave picket fence ● open walls birdhouse on iron stand ● ornamental grasses with perennial companions
4. Rocky Evergreen
Points of Interest ● river rock pond edging ● combination of block and dry stones retaining wall ● cobblestone paver mosaic with t-cross border garden path ● lily pads ● variety of pine trees for year-round privacy and shade
5. Green Foliage with a Splash of Red
Points of Interest ● garden path resin strip edging ● variety of perennial foliage in flat bed ● raised bed with dry stacked stone edging ● Red Ti plant in a decorative planter ● brass outdoor lanterns ● white lattice privacy fence
6. Bushy Arbor Entrance
Points of Interest ● rock and pavers edging ● bushy arbor mimicking trees natural curved lines ● wood stepping stairs ● perennial foliage mixed with violet blooms ● thin cast iron fences
Points of Interest ● log garden edging ● blooming white hydrangeas ● Agastache Blue Boa with Oriental Fountain Grass ● trimmed Cypress tree ● yellow and orange daisies