Hello and welcome to our Garden Outline of garden edging ideas with bricks and rocks. Below you will find a summary of the benefits, main options, and some design ideas we handpicked for you along with beautiful photos. Enjoy!
What are the benefits of using bricks and rocks for garden edging?
- Complements your natural landscape – brick and rock edging adds a natural decorative element to your garden
- Pairs well with native plants and wildflowers – edging materials like bricks and rocks can add both practical and beautiful accents to a natural landscape design
- Easy to use – you can DIY as they can be laid without the use of mortars or any heavy masonry and deep digging
What are the main options for brick and rock garden edging?
- Type: brick (half, full, long), natural stone, cobblestone, flagstone, pebble, flat rock, faux rock, boulder, slate, brick block
- Color/Finish: gray, red, cream, whitewashed
- Application: lawn, flower bed, raised bed, pathway
- Layout/Pattern: straight set, curved, rectangular, circular, soldier course
What follows are beautiful photos of gardens with brick and rock edging, along with design ideas we thought may be of interest to you. Enjoy and happy outdoor decorating!
1. Curved Pathway
Points of Interest ● gray cobblestone curved garden edging ● crushed stone pathway to patio ● small trellis with vines attached to veranda ● Red Baron Japanese blood grass by the moss-covered multi-stem tree ● aegean blue outdoor sideboard
2. Rough Edge Fire Pit
Points of Interest ● river rock lawn edging ● gray stone veneer water fountain with built-in black raised planters ● rough edge concrete topped square fire pit with fire pit log set and river rocks around burner ● convex wood fence ● copper textual art on concrete privacy wall
3. Seaside Escape
Points of Interest ● irregular stone garden edging set vertically ● weathered limestone boulder landscaping accents ● 2 twin resin contemporary contemporary sun lounger with adjustable backrest ● white parasol in between loungers
4. Stone Birdbath
Points of Interest ● dry stack stone edging ● washed river gravel pathway ● weathered stone birdbath on garden bed ● white front porch with hanging fern planters
5. Formal Garden
Points of Interest ● DIY half brick garden edging with curved corners ● little lime hydrangeas behind globe boxwood shrubs ● 2 square boxwood hedges around stone garden statues ● natural stone raised bed along pea gravel pathway
6. Garden Shed
Points of Interest ● gray brick-shaped stone edging ● large raised bed with wood retaining walls and high back side ● 2 Adirondack chairs on raised bed with dark turquoise square side table ● small sage green garden shed with gray felt roof
7. Garden Pergola
Points of Interest ● multi-toned brown brick landscape edging ● mid-pea gravel pathway with limestone stepping stones ● redwood stained pergola with planked deck flooring ● small waterfall feature on pond with sandstone edging ● black pre-cast stone fisherman statuette by the pond