Hello and welcome to our Garden Outline of decorating ideas for patio fences. Below you will find a summary of the benefits, main options, and some design ideas we handpicked for you along with beautiful photos. Enjoy!
What are the benefits of having a decorated patio fence?
- Can act as a conversation piece – decorated fences draw the eyes and make for a good conversation when entertaining guests on the patio
- Breaks the monotony of fence style – decors bring a unique and interesting touch to the fence pattern, showcasing your creativity and sense of design
- Can be achieved in many ways – fence decor can be store-bought or DIY, plus you can use your existing greenery to bring life to the fence
What are the main options for decorating patio fences?
- Material: wood, bamboo, bricks, concrete, wire/metal, hedge, stacked stone
- Pattern/Style: lattice, trellis, planks (horizontal, vertical), picket fence (dog ear, gothic), bamboo poles, crossbuck, chain link
- Color: white (ivory), brown (chocolate, taupe), green (tea), blue spruce, gray, neutral (bare wood)
- Accents/Decor: greenery, tall concrete planters, mirror, stone plaque, stone garden statues, metal butterfly fence hanger, lights (string, solar-powered, wall sconces), wire panel inserts, lighted handrails, fire pit, built-in features (bench, barbecue station, gate), mounted cables
What follows are beautiful photos of decorated patio fences, along with design ideas we thought may be of interest to you. Enjoy and happy outdoor decorating!
1. Mesh Chairs
Points of Interest ● pale sage green lattice fence with curved top transition panel and concrete base ● tea green pergola with climbing vines ● square cut flagstone garden path pavers ● 6 cast aluminum mesh chairs in antique bronze finish ● 3 cast stone urn planter with succulent arrangements
2. Concrete Planters
Points of Interest ● horizontal wood plank fence with 4 tall concrete planters ● labrador blue clapboard wall with clear globe string lights ● dark gray powder coated steel slat patio table with matching cushioned chair ● weathered ground level wood deck
3. Peacock Chair
Points of Interest ● wooden fence with rough concrete base ● sanded bamboo chairs with faux fur covers ● rattan peacock chair ● three 19th century Mediterranean terracotta amphora jars with white patina ● wicker globe pendant light
4. Fire Pit Table
Points of Interest ● horizontal bamboo pole patio fence illuminated by globe bulb string lights ● dark stained wood plank bench with 2 red cube tables ● U-shaped cushioned seating area with fire pit table
5. Brick & Lattice
Points of Interest ● gray lattice fence with brick base and amber outdoor wall sconces ● arched French iron garden gate ● ssorted cast iron planters ● muntin style glass doors with fixed sidelights ● yellow limestone tiled patio floor
6. Rooftop Patio
Points of Interest ● dog ear style rooftop patio fence complemented by rich greenery ● ball top wrought iron fence surrounding pyramid skylight ● wooden pergola shaded by vines over seating area ● cast stone garden statues
7. Al Fresco Patio Dining
Points of Interest ● brown wooden fence with chicken wire inserts and top posts with hanging string lights ● bluestone topped sideboard ● contemporary dining table with white Modway stencil chairs ● geometric candle lantern on gold drum side table