Hello and welcome to our Garden Outline of barrel planter ideas. Below you will find a summary of the benefits, main options and some design ideas we handpicked for you along with beautiful photos. Enjoy!
What are the benefits of barrel planters?
- Beauty of aged wood takes centerstage – recycled wine barrels or whiskey barrels can be the focal point of your garden and bring along the history it carries with it
- So many choices – barrels come in different types of wood, shapes and sizes
- Eco-friendly – supports the creative reuse of hardwood barrels
What are the main options for barrel planters?
- Types of wood: oak, fir, spruce, pine, larch, ash and mulberry
- Potted with: pink anemone, yellow pansies, pink dahlia, herbs, American aloe, purple tulips, pink geranium tree, hanging petunias, blue salvia, young Cypress tree
- Accents: hand water pump, conch shell, hoop with handles, wishing well chain
What follows are beautiful photos of barrel planter ideas along with options we thought may be of interest to you. Interested in even more planter ideas? We have quite a few planter ideas that will fit in with a variety of settings and styles. For example, if you are focused on touching up a particular space, try Patio Planter Ideas, Planter Ideas and Fence Planters Ideas. If you’re trying to find a planter that has a particular look, try Antique Planter Ideas, Wheelbarrow Planter Ideas, Rustic Wagon Planter Ideas, Terra Cotta Planter Ideas and Recycled Planter Ideas. Enjoy and happy outdoor decorating!
Points of Interest ● full-sized dark wood barrel ● swing out windows ● painted wooden siding with green accents ● cobblestone pavers ● wooden garden bench
Points of Interest ● antique full size built-in port pipe barrel planters ● iron barrel hoops ● stacked granite slab siding ● red and pink geraniums in barrel planters and flower box
3. Color Blocked
Points of Interest ● white half barrels on one side and twin aged barrel planters on the other side ● contrasting black barrel hoops ● square engraved terra cotta tree planters ● painted wooden window and door canopies ● bay windows
4. White Water Pump
Points of Interest ● half barrel planter ● painted antique hand water pump ● concrete scalloped garden edging ● pink geraniums and white and yellow pansies ● conch shells
5. Herbs in Pots
Points of Interest ● hardwood half barrel ● vintage wooden trough ● banded cylinder terracotta planters ● DIY painted wooden fence ● stamped concrete flooring
6. Flower Cutouts
Points of Interest ● small barrels with cutouts to accommodate flowering plants ● barrel stands ● wooden stairs with pea gravel steps ● pansies on the ground and in between boulders
7. Keeping Guard
Points of Interest ● half barrel with galvanized zinc hoops ● white violas ● hammered iron gate ● concrete steps ● trimmed topiary