Hello and welcome to our Garden Outline of barbecue patio ideas. Below you will find a summary of the benefits, main options and some design ideas we handpicked for you along with beautiful photos. Enjoy!
What are the benefits of having a barbecue station on the patio?
- Dedicated outdoor entertaining area – an area to relax and entertain outside of the house, or an additional space for barbecues and cookouts while enjoying the view of the garden, or having fun at the pool
- Enjoy living space outdoor – hot or breezy weather can be fully enjoyed in open kitchens while dining al fresco or having cocktails. Lovely spot to spend a hot summer afternoon or a sultry evening to gaze at the stars or bathe in moonlight.
- Versatility in function and cooking – because it is an open kitchen, it can be designed and styled in any way to function as a bar, a kitchen, a dining area, a living area, or all of the above. You can also do a lot of cooking without worrying about smoke and smell.
What are the main options for patio barbecue stations ?
- Layout: L-shaped, galley, straight, G-shaped
- Barbecue Type: built-in, portable, dome, column, kettle, smokers, wood fired
- Features: countertop or side prep. table, searing burner, built-in outdoor cabinets, bar area, ceiling fan,
Shade area: none/open, covered, glass roof, pergola, umbrella
- Flooring: natural stone, tiles, bricks, decking
What follows are beautiful photos of patio barbecue stations, along with design ideas we thought may be of interest to you. Enjoy and happy outdoor decorating!
1. Whitewashed Cottage
Points of Interest ● built-in stainless steel barbecue, refrigerator, and storage ● mortar washed brick pillars and base cabinets ● light blue ceiling with recessed lights and leaf blade ceiling fan ● hand painted ceramic biscotti jar ● two tier dessert stand used to store ceramic dinnerware
2. Moroccan Nights
Points of Interest ● black marble countertops with built-in barbecue ● covered patio with arches and columns with capitals ● custom stone range hood with carved decorative detail ● etched amber glass pendant light ● white vintage birdcage on ottoman coffee table
Points of Interest ● stainless steel barbecue grill beside white Corian topped counter ● upper level deck with storage shed underneath ● patio umbrella with multi-colored string lights ● stained wooden cabinets with bar pulls and tile border ● painted deck deck railing ● DIY wall-mounted outdoor TV cabinet
4. Open Bar
Points of Interest ● serving hatch with black framed bi-fold windows ● matching wooden brackets holding up counter and ceiling ● swing arm wall lamps above single-hung windows with upper mullions ● wooden bar stools with low backrests ● horizontal cable railing on deck and staircase
5. Country Cottage
Points of Interest ● wood pergola with cut-out for tree trunk ● L-shaped stone half wall sectioning off barbecue area ● decorative corten steel candle chandelier ● wooden outdoor round table ● white framed french door and picture window with sage green craftsman molding
6. Wooden Cove
Points of Interest ● corner brick barbecue station with sink ● brick wall with cut-out window ● white beam and column supporting the rafters ● white wooden railing calling back painted beam and columns ● footed green glass candle holders on oval sanded wood planked table
7. Hacienda Diner
Points of Interest ● galley style barbecue station with limestone countertop and farmhouse sink ● tiled range hood with accent tile border and rope tile trim ● tile backsplash in diamond pattern ● stone veneer columns framing back porch entry ● faucet with arched spout