Hello and welcome to our Garden Outline of attached pergola designs. Below you will find a summary of the benefits, main options, and some design ideas we handpicked for you along with beautiful photos. Enjoy!
What are the benefits of having an attached pergola?
- Maximizes outdoor space – you can extend your living space outdoors by setting up seating furniture under the attached pergola
- Plant and flower friendly – partners really well with climbing plants adding fragrance and beauty to your outdoor living area
- More budget friendly than freestanding pergolas – attached pergolas need half as many posts as a freestanding pergola would need, can be DIY
What are the main options for attached pergolas?
- Type: arched, open-top, promenade, gabled, pitched
- Style: modern, contemporary, wrapped around tree, posts attached to railings, with lattice panels, with cylindrical rafters
- Material: wood (planks, reclaimed timber), WPC (wood-plastic composite), metal (steel, wrought iron, aluminum)
- Finish: bare/unfinished, high gloss, stained, weathered, copper
- Accessories/Accents: lights (pendant, string, sconces), privacy curtains, shades (mesh, bamboo), repurposed chandelier, hanging candle holder, metal fretwork
What follows are beautiful photos of attached pergolas, along with design ideas we thought may be of interest to you. Enjoy and happy outdoor decorating!
1. Purple Shades
Points of Interest ● modern WPC pergola with center beam and thin vertical rafters ● 5 aubergine Marrakesh onion bulb pendant lights ● U-shaped cushioned wicker sofa ● sliding mauve privacy curtains ● lavender pergola fence with built-in planter
2. Al Fresco Dining
Points of Interest ● weathered off-white attached pergola with purlins ● tall stacked stone outdoor fireplace with curved raised hearth ● hanging antique planter attached to pergola’s beam ● slatted wood dining chairs in satin finish
3. Antique Touches
Points of Interest ● open-top reclaimed timber pergola with large square pillars ● antique dining table with matching 2 ladder back chairs ● pine green French doors with sidelights ● 2 carved limestone table base
4. Slatted Wood Shade
Points of Interest ● wood slat pergola with off-white privacy curtains ● etched granite coffee table ● 2 oversized ironstone planters ● 2 facing wicker settees ● exposed aggregate concrete flooring on pergola area
5. Warm Lighting
Points of Interest ● red cedar pergola with string lights ● 4 resin wicker swivel chairs with round base ● square faux stone propane fire pit table with stone veneer exterior walls ● 2 black powder coated outdoor gas lamps
6. Rustic Dining
Points of Interest ● medium stained wooden pergola wrapped around tree ● mortared stacked stone wall with wood planks supporting attached pergola ● 6 tree stump stools ● low board and batten privacy fence with raised garden bed
7. Scenic Outdoor Dining
Points of Interest ● steel attached pergola with bamboo shades ● patinated wire chairs with light gray cushions ● weathered wooden dining table with distressed white trestle shelf leg ● bamboo and mesh food cover